What can IMEnz Bioengineering mean for the industry?
Contracting IMEnz Bioengineering opens up the possibility to quickly explore new strategies and new developments for your company. Projects can be either short-term or long-term, which makes our facilities accessible to companies with relatively low budgets for innovations and product development. The high costs of personnel and investments are avoided, while at the same time access to an enormous pool of know-how is obtained.
Fields of Expertise
IMEnz Bioengineering is active in the following areas:
- Industrial Bacteria and Yeasts
- Lactic Acid Bacteria in Food- and Non-Food Applications
- Food Grade modification of Industrial Microorganisms Enzymes by means of Modern Molecular Biology Techniques
- Fermentation Processes, including scale-up
- Screening of Microorganism Collections (incl. enzymes for chiral biosynthesis)
- Enzyme detection, analysis, and pilot production
- Bioconservation (Antimicrobials)
- Bioconversion and Agrification
IMEnz Bioengineering advises and assists in:
- literature surveys and screening
- feasibility studies
- the development of new techniques and protocols
- the development of new applications in biotechnology
- the development of new products
IMEnz stimulates the transfer of scientific know-how and technology from universities or government research institutes to the biotech industry. For the industry IMEnz Bioengineering can be a portal to the sophisticated knowledge of Academic Departments and Institutes engaged in life sciences and biotechnology research. IMEnz advises and constructively contributes to the design of applied research plans, and in a later phase IMEnz can be active in the realization of such projects.